IFSU SCHOLARSHIP FOR BARANGAY OFFICIALS’ DEPENDENTS
Ifugao State University (IFSU) grants scholarship to Barangay Officials and Dependents as specified in the IFSU CODE and in the Republic Act (RA) 7160 Sec. 393 (b) of Local Government Code of 1991 which states that the Punong Barangay, the Sanguniang Barangay members, the Barangay Treasurer, and the Barangay Secretary shall also be exempted during their incumbency from paying tuition and matriculation fees for their legitimate dependent children attending state colleges and universities. He may likewise avail of such educational benefits in a state college or university located within the province or city to which the barangay belongs.
Who will avail?
- Legitimate dependents of the Punong Barangay, Sanguniang Barangay Member, Barangay Treasurer and Barangay Secretary;
- Incumbent Punong Barangays, Sanguniang Barangay members, Barangay Treasurers and Barangay Secretaries within the province of Ifugao may avail the educational benefit.
Free tuition and matriculation fees imposed when enrolled in any courses offered in the University except:
- Affiliation Fees
- Student Organizations
- Medical and;
Application Process and Documentary Requirement:
- Enrolment/admission requirements from the University;
- Certificate of Live Birth issued by the NSO;
- Certified True Copy of the Oath of Office of the Parent who is/are among the Barangay Officials;
- Certified True Copy of the Oath of his/her Office (for incumbent barangay officials who wishes to avail of the educational benefit)
NO FAILING GRADES:
A scholar must have no failing grades in all subjects in the immediately preceding semester to continue availing of this scholarship as stipulated in the IFSU CODE and IFSU Policy Guidelines No.65-2014.