The College of Arts and Sciences is a center for excellent programs for the professional development and training of individuals engaged in the realm of politics, governance, tourism, behavior and the mental processes.
Establish an effective system of education that is responsive to the total educational requisites of learners who will help and lead in understanding and realizing the objectives of local and global development needs directed to service and growth of the individual human person as well as communities.
The programs are tasked to focus on the following areas/components:
A. Curriculum and Instruction
1. Attune faculty and instruction through advanced education and exposures from related agencies and government institutions.
2. Evaluate and develop curriculum and instructional materials.
B. Research and Publication
1. Manage and publish researches on public policies, governance, tourism development and behavioral processes.
2. Initiate public lectures, debates, conferences and other related creative activities.
C. Extension Services and Linkages
1. Establish linkages with other agencies, organizations and institutions for resource-sharing and to support the goals of the College and the University
2. Prepare project proposals and other policy formulations aimed at developing communities
College of Arts and Science Admission Requirements.
College of Arts and Science Program Offerings
The Bachelor of Arts in Political Science is a four-year degree program which centers on the study of governments, the history and forms of political institutions, politial behavior and political policies. It covers important areas of study including Philippine Politics, Comparative Politics, International Relations, Political Theory and Methodology, Public Administration, Political Dynamics, Local and Global Governance, and Research in Politics. AB in Political Science is also a preparatory course for a law degree.
Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management is a four-year college course recommended for people who want to have a career in the field of Hospitality and Tourism. This course leads to expertise in management of tourist destinations, tourism offices, tour-operating agencies, festival and events, as well as other jobs in the tourism and hospitality sector like in hotels, resorts, restaurants, airlines, airports, cruise lines, etc.
The Bachelor of Science in Psychology is designed to help your observe human behavior through the scientific method, allowing you to gain access to the human psyche and fathom its depths. You will gain the knowledge tools and skills needed to assess and conduct empirical research regarding individual and group behavior through the lens of various psychological theories and concepts. The BSP degree can prepare you for general careers in teaching, research, counseling and human resources. It can also be a foundation major for further studies in the fields of Medicine, Guidance and Counseling, Human Resource Development and Law.